The Bio Lp-1 assay is designed to target specific and unique DNA sequences within the Legionella genome. The PCR products from 4 different reactions can be detected by specific DNA probes labeled with 4 different fluorophores. This allows the simultaneous detection of all the Legionella species associated with infection, all the L. pneumophila serogroups (1-16) and specifically identifies L. pneumophila sg-1, responsible for ~95% human infections. An internal amplification control is also included in the master mix as an indicator that the PCR is functioning correctly.
Designed to work on the leading real-time PCR platforms, Bio Lp-1 rapidly detects extremely low levels of Legionella, and can differentiate between Legionella spp, all L. pneumophila serogroups 1-16 and L. pneumophila-serogroup 1 simultaneously in a single water sample, giving a complete and accurate Legionella profile. With this certainty, the exact risk to public health can be quickly determined and acted upon. Particularly beneficial in cases of an outbreak, appropriate remedial actions can be taken, their efficacy monitored to reduce and remove Legionella bacteria from a contaminated water system. In less than 5 hours, water quality and safety can be assured. Simple and convenient to use, and in a freeze-dried format, the test contains all necessary components to process a water sample directly.
Bio Lp-1-Legionella multiplex one step qPCR Kit is a diagnostic breakthrough, being the world’s first open platform rapid NAD kit for simultaneously detecting and identifying multiple species of Legionella from water in a single test.
- Download Quick-protocol-Bio-Lp-Legionella-Detection-kit-v1-0_4.pdf
- Download Quick-protocol-Bio-Lp-1-Legionella-DNA-Extraction_-v1-0_5.pdf
fast multiplex assay - simultaneous detection of all the Legionella species - internal amplification control is also included - open plattform
Bio Lp-1 Legionella Quantification Kit
|Cycler compatibility||Roche Diagnostics LightCycler 480 system II, Bio-Rad CFX96 Touch|
|Basis for detection||Probe based|
|Format||Lyophilized powder (PCR assay, Positive control DNA, PCR standards), Liquid (Negative control)|
|No. of reactions|| |
|Components||PCR assay - 8 x 12 well strips (foil wrapped)|
|Positive control DNA - lyophilised|
|PCR standard - lyophilised|
|Bio Lp-1 DNA Isolation Kit|
|PCR method||qPCR multiplex|
|Storage||Room temperature. Positive control and DNA standard, 4°C after rehydration.|
|PCR efficiency|| |
88.12 - 99.46%
Applikation:water test on legionella
Sicherheits Hinweise / Safety
Klassifizierungen / Classification
Dokumente - Protokolle - Downloads
Weitere Downloads zum Produkt:
- Legionella (Legionnaires' Disease and Pontiac Fever) Treatment and Complications. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 26 January 2016. Archived from the original on 29 March 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
- Verhasselt et al. (2021) COVID-19 Co-infection with Legionella pneumophila in 2 Tertiary-Care Hospitals, Germany. Emerging Infectious Diseases, Vol27, No5
- Ashbolt, N. J. (2021) Legionella Infection during and after the COVID-19 Pandemic, ACS EST Water, Vol1, pp13-14
- Palazzolo, C. et al. (2020) Legionella pneumonia: increased risk after COVID-19 lockdown? Italy, May to June 2020, Eurosurveillance, Vol25, No30
- Legionella Control, https://legionellacontrol.com/international/us-covid-shutdown-legionnaires-outbreaks/ (accessed on 20 April 2021)