Order number: C4205.0500Shipping: shipped at RT, store at +2°C to +8°C
Delivery time: 3- 8 working days
For detailed information on the delivery date, please contact Genaxxon.
Serafree CHO is a protein-free ready to use medium for an optimized growth of CHO-cells Chinese Hamster Ovary) and their recombinant derivates in suspension culture. These cells are often used for the production of recombinant proteins for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
Serafree CHO consists of a balanced mixture of salts, amino acids, vitamins, trace elements, hormones and is enriched with select herbal hydrolysates for an optimized growth of CHO-cells in suspension culture. As Serafree CHO is free of animal or human components it is predestined for the use in sensitive production areas (e.g. production of diagnostic or therapeutic tools) where safety requirements prohibit the use human or animal components.
Serafree CHO is suitable for spinner cultures, roller bottles and tissue culture flasks and bioreactors.
The formulation of the protein-free Serafree CHO with a low concentration of plant hydrolysates enables a high cell yield in combination with excellent production rates of recombinant proteins. The ready to use complete protein-free medium allows easy handling and therefore reduces contamination risks and ensures for an easy and economic purification of the final products in downstream processes. Due to the optimized composition of Serafree CHO the cells expand and grow in single-cell suspension with a very low tendency to form aggregates.
Most CHO-cells can be directly transferred from a serum containing adherent culture into the protein-free suspension culture. In most cases the stable suspension culture is developing within about 2 weeks.
Serafree CHO is formulated with hypoxanthine and thymidine, making it an appropriate medium for applications that do not require the selective pressure of a hypoxanthine/thymidine (HT)-deficient medium, such as CHO-K1 and Glutamine Synthetase users.
Direct adaption to Serafree CHO
- use cells from serum containing adherent culture (e.g. DMEM high glucose with 10% FBS) from log phase.
- remove serum containing medium by pipetting.
- wash cell layer with PBS without Ca, Mg (C4219).
- overlay cell layer with Trypsin/EDTA (0.25%, 0.02%) (C4267) (approx. 2mL for T25 Flasche).
- remove Trypsin after approx. 1 min.
- Incubate till cells get round and detach from the plate (after about 5 min).
- suspend cells in DMEM, and stop remaining Trypsin activity by adding 10% FBS.
- centrifuge cells, resuspend in PBS and centrifuge again.
- resuspend cells in PBS and count cells. Seed pre-warmed Serafree CHO with 5 x 10E4 - 1 x 10E5 Zellen/mL.
- use culture flaskf for suspension cultures.
- Incubate at 37°C and 5% CO2 in an incubator.
A lag phase will occur within the first days, with hardly any cell multiplication. However after about 7 days, cells became accustomed to the protein-free medium and will multiply by 1 × 10E6 cells/mL.
Transfer the cells to fresh medium every 3 to 4 days.
Seed 3 - 5 x 10E4 Zellen/mL.
Generation time for CHO cells in Serafree CHO: 16.5 h.
Genaxxon offers a wide range of cell culture media of various modifications. This also includes compositions made to customer specifications. In our special media, you can choose the composition freely. Just ask for: email@example.com.
Genaxxon biosience offers also: Antibiotics as Actinomycin D - Amphotericin B - Antibiotic Antimycotic Solution - Carbenicillin - Cefotaxim - Doxycyclin - Geneticindisulfat (G418) - Gentamycinsulfate - Hygromycin B - Kanamycin - Neomycin - Penicillin/Streptomycin - Polymyxin B.
• Animal origin–free, protein-free, and chemically defined formulation • Little or no required adaptation • Ability to support suspension growth and transfection of 293-F and CHO cells • Scalability in spinner flasks and bioreactors
Ready to use complete protein-free mediumwith a low concentration of plant hydrolysates for a high cell yield in combination with excellent production rates of recombinant proteins. Optimized composition that allows cells to expand and grow in single-cell suspension with a very low tendency to form aggregates.
The medium is sterile filtered.
This medium is completely free of any animal components.