DAF-FM DA / 3-Amino-4-(N-methylamino)-2',7'-difluorofluorescein diacetate
Order number: S5450.0001Shipping: shipped at RT, store at -20°C, protect from light
Delivery time: 3- 8 working days
For detailed information on the delivery date, please contact Genaxxon.
Prices plus VAT plus shipping costs
3-Amino-4-(N-methylamino)-2',7'-difluorofluorescein diacetate. DAF-FM DA is an important reagent for quantification of low concentrations of nitric oxide in solution. This compound is essentially nonfluorescent until it reacts with NO to form a fluorescent benzotriazole. DAF-FM DA has an excitation/emission maxima of 495nm.
• Ex/Em of DAF-FM: ~495/515 nm
• Lyophilized product should be dissolved using DMSO and then added to an aqueous buffer to create a working solution.
• DAF-FM diacetate is cell permeant and passively diffuses across cellular membranes; once inside the cell, it is converted to a cell-impermeant form!
• Buffers containing bovine serum albumin (BSA) and phenol red may affect the fluorescence and should be used with caution.
• The fluorescence quantum yield of DAF-FM is ~0.005, but increases about 160-fold, to ~0.81, after reacting with NO.
Important Advantages of DAF-FM over DAF-2
The spectra of the NO adduct of DAF-FM are independent of pH above pH 5.5. Also, the NO adduct of DAF-FM is significantly more photostable than that of DAF-2 >, which means additional time for image capture. Finally, DAF-FM is a more sensitive reagent for NO than is DAF-2 (NO detection limit for DAF-FM ~3nM versus ~5nM for DAF-2).
Nitric Oxide Indicator
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Identity: determined by NMR
Appearance: light yellow powder
Fluorescence: λex 500 nm; λem 515 nm in DMSO
Soluble: in DMSO
MW = 496.42 g/mol
application:• Assessment of NO production in transaldolase-deficient lymphoblasts by flow cytometry • Detection of NO accumulation in embryonic cortical neurons following neurotrophin stimulation • in vivo imaging of NO in zebrafish • Intravital microscopic detection of NO generation associated with angiogenesis in mice • Quantitation of ATP-induced NO release in rabbit platelets • Analyzation of NO production in mitochondria
Sicherheits Hinweise / Safety
Klassifizierungen / ClassificationCAS-Nr: 254109-22-3
Dokumente - Protokolle - Downloads
Here you will find information and further literature on DAF-FM DA / 3-Amino-4-(N-methylamino)-2',7'-difluorofluorescein diacetate. For further documents (certificates with additional lot numbers, safety data sheets in other languages, further product information) please contact Genaxxon biosience at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +49 731 3608 123.